Thursday, November 29, 2007

Cute as a Button!

Recently, while checking in on some of my favorite blogs I came across some cute little fabric thumbtacks from fellow blogger Handmade Joy . There was a link to a tutorial from a blog called How About Orange on how to make these little fabric button thumbtacks.





Feeling inspired by their results, I thought I might try my hand at it. My first couple of attempts were nothing to scream about-except for the frustration of getting the fabric tucked in just so. But after a short while of adjusting the fabric and jamming the plunger down, I think I finally got the technique right. The thumbtacks were cute and functional but, of course, I was looking to do something a little different. I decided, instead of thumbtacks, I would make a pair of earrings.




I used a slightly larger button and switched out the tack with an earring post. I love how they turned out! So cute and sooo very girly! These are so easy to do, and depending on the fabric you use, the finished look could go with almost any style.




I love these with a soft vintage look.



2 comments:

  1. These are so cute Mary! I was running out of bulliten board space so I also ended up putting some earring backs on some of mine - then magnets. What else can we put on the back ;)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering: where did you get the earring posts you used for this project?

    ReplyDelete